Monday, September 15, 2014

Carry The Day - Katrina Marsh






Katrina Marsh is a local known by many in the Maranoa, and many would be aware of the the battle their son Ned faced not so long ago. As a result Katrina has founded a new campaign which she hopes to have go viral. 

This is a little of her story............

"Today is my day to share and put a little positive ‘something’ out there!
We are all guilty of putting negative words and thoughts into society daily and I am no exception. I think we are now to a point that some of us even do this subconsciously and don’t even realise we are doing it. 


But why? We all struggle with the same battles. We are all daughters, sisters, mothers and friends so if we are all so similar then why are we constantly being so judgemental of each other and the rest of the world?


Some times it takes one earth shattering moment, which I refer to as the ‘AHA’ moment, for us to realise that life is too short and that a positive message should be put out into the world rather than the negative ones we so often send or encounter.


For me, my ‘AHA’ moment was when my son was involved in a near death accident. Our family lived in a hospital for a couple of months and watched Ned recover from his injuries. We are very lucky as he is now fine but that’s the point. 


Why did it take that ‘AHA’ moment to make me realise that life is too short. To make me sit up and think that I should live every day to the fullest – like it was my last day on earth! I still often need to be reminded - whether it is photos of our time in hospital or simply a cheeky grin from Ned to remind me of just how lucky I am!


So today is the day that I will ‘Carry the day’! I will release the struggle I have conquered, relinquish the judgment & be positive. This post is my commitment to try and make my world a more positive place. I am sure I will struggle and don’t claim to be perfect but if I make the effort to think positively then I can only hope that overtime the negative thoughts will deplete to nothing. 


I will try to be more tolerant of my husband (which is going to be the hard one), more patient with my children and a better daughter, sister and friend. 


I challenge my Facebook friends, their friends and their friend’s friends to ‘Carry the Day’. Let’s use this form of social media to put out a positive message instead of the negative ones that this forum is so constantly plagued by. 


There are no rules or guidelines. Share your ‘AHA’ moment or don’t. Write a long post or simply comment. You may just have an image that would encourage yourself and others to put this positive message out into the world. Let’s ‘Carry the Day’!


We don’t need leaders or inspirational speakers to motivate us to do something good. 


Let’s inspire others and ‘Carry the Day’!





 The Maranoa is full of amazing, inspirational and motivational people, including the you, the person reading this post. 

Katrina's campaign is so simple yet meaningful. Let's get behind it now.


Join the Carry The Day Campaign via the link below. There is so much more to come, so make sure you are in the know.

https://www.facebook.com/carrythedaycampaign?fref=ts


No comments:

Post a Comment